Just the other night, I made a chicken curry dish. I posted a picture of it on Twitter and Facebook, and a few people sent me messages wanting the recipe. I love to share recipes! I love curry. I remember growing up eating curry as a kid and my parents warning me about making a yellow mess. Curry can stain, so be careful. The curry dish I made the other night is what I call Chicken Curry with apples. It’s a super easy recipe and can be altered however you want it. (the picture below really doesn’t give it any justice). If you like curry, you should try this recipe.
Chicken Curry with Apples
- 1 package of Chicken Thighs cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 whole apple, cored, peeled and chopped
- 1 whole onion chopped
- 3 teaspoons of curry powder
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms (I used fresh mushrooms)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- black pepper
- Saute in a pan: butter, chicken, apple, onion, curry powder, mushrooms until the chicken is cooked.
- Add the cream of mushroom soup and the 1 cup of milk, and simmer and reduce till thickened.
- Sprinkle with paprika and black pepper to taste.
- Serve over rice, pasta, cous cous with almonds and raisins, or whatever you’d like.