Many thanks to Bethany (Maryland Pink and Green) for this fun award. 🙂
The rules for this are simple. . . write 10 things about yourself and pass this award on to your favorite bloggers. Wow, 10 things about me? Hummm this’ll take some thought…
1. I once was an extra on the “West Wing”. We filmed some scenes in downtown DC. In one scene, I was a tourist on a street corner; and in another, I was an office secretary. They don’t tell you when the show you filmed would air, and I didn’t watch the show, so I’m not even sure if I was actually on TV, however a friend of mine at the time swore he saw me on TV. 🙂
2. I was 1st violinist and played for a full audience at Chrysler Hall in Norfolk, VA. My dad actually bought me my own violin, which I still have. I haven’t played it in forever, but keep thinking I need to play again… maybe it’s time for a tune up???
3. I am afraid of real butterflies. Not the pictures or thoughts of butterflies, but the real live ones fluttering around. I think it’s because they come from caterpillars, and I’m afraid of those too. They just give me the creepy crawlies. So do spiders, millipedes, centipedes… but I LOVE praying mantises and dragonflies. I know. Weird.
4. When I was a little kid, growing up with my brother and single dad, I was such a tomboy. I really had no choice since I lived with two males, and my dad didn’t really know how to raise a little girl. I actually hated the color pink. Now, that’s unthinkable. I live and breathe pink! 🙂
5. I’m a very sentimental person. I cry at just about every movie. I cried watching the Little Mermaid. Yes. The. Disney. Movie.
6. I love to make cookies and cakes from scratch. There’s just an amazing sense of accomplishment when you bite into the first cookie from the oven and the warm sweet gooeyness of cookie dough just fills your mouth…
7. I went to Catholic middle and high school. In middle school we had to wear the plaid jumper dress through 6th grade. In 7th and 8th grade, we were able to wear the plaid skirts with a plain white blouse and a navy *eeek* polyester vest with our school patch on it.
|I’m smack dab in the middle behind the guy holding the sign.|
8. I can sew by hand and with a machine. My grandmother who lives in Belgium, would come over to the States in the summer and visit. While she was here, she taught me how to sew. It started with just hemming and fixing clothes, then it graduated to making clothes. I wanted to be a fashion designer. I wanted everyone to wear clothes with my name!!! I remember one summer, I made a whole bunch of shirts that I wore and friends were like, “Where’d you buy that???” When I told them, I made it, they they wanted me to make some for them. I should’ve been in fashion… 🙂
9. I am the first generation Vietnamese American in our family. Both of my parents came to the States during the Vietnam war. Vietnamese was my first language, but I’ve since forgotten A LOT as my teachers in school asked my parents to make sure we knew English. I can still understand, and can still speak Vietnamese, but as with any language if you don’t practice, you forget. I’d like to go to Vietnamese language school and brush up. I vow to teach my children what I know, and even send them to Vietnamese language school too.
10. And just because I watched Glee for the first time Tuesday and her music was the “theme”… I LOVE Madonna, especially 80’s and early 90’s Madonna. The Immaculate Collection is my favorite CD. Songs like Vogue, Borderline, Papa Don’t Preach, and Like a Prayer just make me want to dance.!
So that’s me!!!!
I’m passing this onto some of my favorite bloggers:
Hope everyone is having a great week!!!