Oh what a beautiful day it’s been!!! I’ve just been crowned a Socialite in The Preppy Mafia by Jules over at Chic & Pink. Thanks sooo much!!! You’re just so sweet!!! If you haven’t read her blog, you should! She and I seem to have quite a bit in common and have become friends through blogging.
2. Answer the below questions
3. Pass onto 10 bloggers that you love, go to their blog and let them know they’ve been tagged
2. What is your favorite socialite lit book? I love the Shopaholic Series by Sophie Kinsella. Every time I read about Becky Bloomwood and her antics, I swear I must be reading my own biography. I think I rationalize the same way she does.
3. Favorite party theme? My favorite party theme is a luau. It’s so easy to put together and everyone has beach wear, so you’ll never have someone saying, “But I don’t have anything to wear”. With a luau, you can do so much: evening with a fire pit, daytime in the pool, both with little umbrella drink- who doesn’t like to have umbrella drinks??
4. Go to Halloween costume? I have quite a bit in my closet. I would have to say dressing up 80’s is the easiest to put together… especially when I do it a couple times a year to see the Legwarmers band.
5. Extravagance you cannot live without? I can’t live without a closet of shoes. Tommy thinks I have too many shoes, but I say you can never have too many. The more shoes you have the less you’ll have to take them to the cobbler to fix the heels. (Sounds like a Becky Bloomwood rationalization to me)
6. Living person you admire? I admire my girlfriend Jillian M. Breitwieser who has been a daughter and granddaughter of breast cancer survivors, a breast cancer survivor herself, a mother to a beautiful daughter, and a very active supporter of Breast Cancer Awareness. Anyone who has strength to endure and beat cancer is amazing to me, but even more Jill has worked to make people aware and has raised a lot of money for Making Strides Against Breast Cancer.
8. Trait you deplore in yourself? I hate that I don’t make more time to relax. I am constantly on the go and always doing something. The only time I find that I do relax is when I’m at the beach.
9. Which talent would you most like to have? I’d most like to be able to dance (and wear the costumes) like they do on Dancing with the Stars… Rumba, Salsa, Waltz, Charleston, you name it- I want to dance it! (And I know you can tone up and lose some weight from dancing).
10. Greatest achievement? My greatest achievement is going back to school to work on getting my bachelor’s degree, while I am working full time. Even while doing so, I’ve kept on the dean’s list. It tough, and especially tough while also planning a wedding and a move, but when I think about giving up, i remind myself why I am going to school… so that one day, when I tell my children to go to school, they won’t come back with, “But mom, you didn’t finish, so why do we have to?”