Monkeys, Monkeys, Monkeys!!!
If you know me, you probably already know that I love monkeys! Why do I love monkeys?
1. I was born the year of the Monkey (Chinese Zodiac)
2. They are so human-like and cute.
3. They are such intelligent animals.
4. They’re funny especially when they get drunk (see YouTube video below)
5. They climb trees and can hang by their tails (some species)
6. They remind me of the tropics.
7. They make some funny noises… ooh oooh ahhha ahh!!!
8. They’re evil monkeys like the ones in Wizard of Oz, and cute adorable ones like Curious George.
9. I used to want to be a monkey, eat bananas and climb trees, and was always just as curious as they are.
10. Tommy proposed with a barrel of Monkeys (Tommy loves monkeys too)
So today, while looking online, found a cute new site: http://www.monkeyaday.com/
This site posts something everyday related to monkeys. Some really cute stuff that you can buy like this Jac Zagoory Pen Stand Write No Evil. You have see so evil, hear no evil, speak no evil, and then lastly you have write no evil. I LOVE it! I wanna get this for my desk!
Or Tea picked by Monkeys YES, tea that’s picked by Monkeys in China! The tops of the trees are too high to pick the leaves, so they’ve trained monkeys to pick the tea leaves!!! After all, monkeys can climb trees with ease and can hold on and pick leaves at the same time. How cool is that! See, I told you they’re smart! I’d like to try this tea, I wonder if it’s good?
Or something neat and practical like this Monkey peeler. We actually have one of these. I think Tommy got it as a gift from someone. It’s just something bright and whimsical to have in the kitchen. 🙂
And these really cute wine corks from Forzieri. These remind me of Mario Brothers. They look like they could be in the video game. 🙂
There’s also some neat dinnerware with a little French monkey. It’s called Petit Singe by Juliska. This would be cool for our everyday dining! 🙂 How cute!!!!
There’s also some rather ODD things like this Sock Monkey dress which sells for $1500! WOW. It’s custom made, done on a knitting machine and has 30 monkey faces on the skirt. It was originally created for the Walker Teen Arts Council for an fashion show, The Walker Un-Prom. Would you rock this??? I don’t think I could. 🙂
Anyways, just thought I’d share my newest Monkey find! I’ve added them to my blog list, so I’m sure I’ll keep finding such cute monkey items! Hopefully something we can integrate into our wedding… 🙂 Don’t worry, I already have some great ideas!
And here’s the YouTube of the documentary of the drunk vervet monkeys:
Isn’t that just hilarious!!! 🙂 They’re just like humans when we get drunk!Hope y’all have a great day!I’ll just be hangin’ ’round. Leave a comment, say Hi, tell me what’s your fav, animal!